Monday, December 27, 2004

Tragedy in Asia

It would seem that I managed to sleep through the "strongest earthquake in a century" as it rattled Chiang Mai yesterday morning. A number of friends told me of their condo's moving and they all agreed it was quite scary.

I don't think anyone knows how many are dead yet for sure. I've seen numbers ranging from 11,000 to 14,425. Where do these people get the specific numbers? I haven't found two news sites with matching statistics as of yet.

I had planned to go down South to Krabi for New Years, but I may wait until January if I make it at all.

A friend of mine living here is returning home to Japan for a while and has invited me to come along. I don't think I can scrape up the cash necessary for this, but I will give it a shot. I want to goto Japan!

No comments: