Sunday, June 18, 2006

Life Is Tough - Other Stuffs

I have a problem. A female friend of mine who lived in Bangkok previously has moved to Chiang Mai (the city I reside in). She got here a couple of weeks ago, but left for a week to do some things elsewhere. She came back a copule nights ago and I met up with her yesterday. She brought me a present: bedding. While on the one hand, I am super-pleased when people think of me and buy me things, I am a little stressed about one factor of the gift. She bought me bedding. I'm talking , a large plastic bag-like beast full of sheets, blankets and pillowcases I imagine. Very thoughtful, however, as comfortable as I am with my sexuality, pink and yellow bedspreads are sure to cause me some stress.

If I use these beddings, if my white friends see it, they will mock me for certain. If any of my girls see it, they will ask who bought them for me (I don't lie, but I often do my best to avoid situations where I wish I could). If the girl who bought them DOESN'T see them, she will get upset because I didn't use her rather expensive gift.

The beddings are mostly pink. They are covered in flowers, cutesy little animals and messages like "You are always in my dreams," with hearts scattered everywhere. Only in my ridiculous life would such a challenge arise. Honestly, I can handle sleeping on/under the beddings designed for a 12-yr-old girl without giving it much thought if it wasn't for the outside harrassment from every possible angle that I will surely face.

Any thoughts on this?

***************

I'm fairly sure I have latched on Mike and possibly Jeff to my badminton routine. We are by no means skilled (we suck) in comparison to the people in the gym. However, these guys recognize that the exercise we get from getting are asses handed to us repeatedly is also unmatched. Nobody puts us down apart from ourselves and possibly each other. And its pretty fun. I think we are good for 3-4 times/week until our bodies can handle more. We can barely last 90 min and leave as soaked as if we had went swimming. I always feel great after.

***************

It is Sat night, but I got too wasted last night and I didn't really feel like going out tonight. However, an old friend called me up and said he was at a local bar with 4 Chinese people who wanted to meet me. As I have little chance to speak Chinese in real life, I headed over there. Between the 4 Chinese, I spoke Chinese with one, Thai with 2 and English and Japanese with the fourth. It was surreal. The one with whom I spoke Chinese is only here for a short time and wanted me to help set him up to meet the international affairs people at Payap as his Uni in Kunming province wants to have an exchange program with Payap. I'm interested for sure.

****************

I was recently informed that I did score some money for the scholarship I applied for, but its almost worthless and I am by no means pleased with the outcome. Each major was allocated 80,000 Baht (About $2000ish US$). Only 4 from my major applied.

My "advisor" assured me and Jenny that she would call us to inform us when the interviews would take place. Then one day, Kaz, another student at Payap went to school to drop off a paper and found a bunch of other students hanging out, apparantly waiting for their scholarship interview. So he called to let me know and I called Jenny. We rushed over (rainy season = completely soaked) and I was fucking drenched during my interview. The interview was uncomfortable for many reasons. I was honest with my situation, but I didn't really feel like they got it or perhaps they just didn't care. I really felt like they couldn't see through my skin color. That is a common problem here.

In the end - Jenny and I got 10,000 Baht each. This is for 2 semesters. For us, that pays for 1 class over 1 year. Almost useless for me. I'll take it, but it doesn't fix my situation in the least. The Thai person who applied go 20,000 (Thai's pay 20% less tuition + fees than foreigners - but he is my friend so I'm not complaining, just noting) and the Burmese girl who applied got 40k.

I also heard through the Payap gossip-vine that my 'advisor' was opposed to myself or Jenny receiving any scholarship funds. The committee was mixed on us and ended up on giving us some scraps.

My uni really sucks in too many ways. Its a shame because there are a number of talented people trying to improve it (or at least survive in it) and they ineveitably give up because Thai bureacracy is tough to permeate. Complainers get no-where and I just can't lower myself to kissing ass (which always works).

***************

I always have so much more to say. I just need people to tell me they want to hear it sometimes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

like i said before dude, you have to play the game. it's just a matter of how much you're willing to do it. opt in, but don't sell out. basically. i dont know. at any rate, i'm sure you wont be starving what with your 80 new jobs or whatever. life goes on. your satanic advisor does suck, though.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like this freind has a thing for you.....Is there a possiblity of that?

Free to Be said...

Seems weird she would buy such girly bedding for you. I'd say to her that you only put it on the bed when company comes because it's just THAT special!

Here from Blog Explosion today.

Anonymous said...

"Only in my ridiculous life would such a challenge arise."

that is probably the best all-encompassing summary statement of your existence that i've seen you make.

Gwindarr said...

Omae - I can only put up wih the game for short periods of time. But I honestly had an anxiety attack when the fake mia was over and she started to put on the sheets. It was just too much for me hehe.

The Doraemon transforming head/pillow/mat in my room was from a few girlfriends back. I kind of dug that one. Pretty much all the mias dig it. One of is washing it right now.

Chuck - I'm sure has something of a thing for me, but she also recognizes the kind of lifestyle I live usually has little room for serious relationships so we just have fun together. And while this is kind of funny and unexpected. I really don't dig pink sheets in my bachelor pad. But it might be worth giving it a shot just to see what kind of reactions I get from various peoples.

coma boy said...

You managed to get J*** to exercise!
That's amazing. Aside from skating and fucking he's a sloth. But he fucks a lot more than he let's on. He's a modest one.

As for the sheets, fucking burn them. I use the 100% honesty approach for such situations. Tell the mia you only do black or bloodstained bedsheets.

"You are always in my dreams" - You're gonna start browndicking katoeys on your pink sheets you big queer.