Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Things I Hate....

.....always:

I hate when people with whom you had some relationship in the past do not acknowledge your existence. When it happens, I get this awful physical and emotional feeling in my stomach that makes me feel very small and worthless every time I see them.

I hate writing papers as the amount of stress they tend to cause me is enormous, however, I am often pleased with the result. But the pain I go through to get there never seems worthwhile.

I hate that I don't have access to a piano/keyboard here.

I hate 95% of taxi (songthaew, tuk-tuk) drivers in Chiang Mai.

I hate the pollution which occasionally gets so bad that I have trouble breathing.

I hate smoke!

I hate all the fools who call themselves teachers and haven't a clue how to even begin.

I hate that my internet is so damn slow most of the time.


.....sometimes:

Sometimes I hate the family of birds that live on top of my air conditioner unit on my balcony when they decide to serenade me at 5am with a song.

Sometimes I hate being treated like a novelty because I am a white guy who speaks a bunch of Asian languages. Although I sometimes appreciate the attention, its much cooler when I start speaking to someone and they just respond to me like a normal person instead of acting like I just flew in on a winged buffalo.

Sometimes I hate not having a vehicle.

Sometimes I hate the little dog from 8 floors below that likes to bark nonstop until I want to smash my head through the screen.

No comments: