Monday, April 09, 2007

I Guess I'm Screwed

I went into the school on Saturday morning about 30 minutes early and I told the girl there that I still haven't been paid and its been over 2 months and I won't be teaching that day. She immediately got me on the phone with someone in Bangkok who said that they didn't have my bank account information. The girl in front of me said she sent it twice and when I told the girl that she made a strange face. Anyways, I gave them my info and waited until the girl faxed a copy of my bank book to the head office. Later, the wife of the owner (I think she is anyways) told me she was sorry and didn't know anything about it and I would get paid on Monday. Well I just got back from Rambo and after showering away all my Rambo sweat (from sleeping outdoors on stacks of hay all day) and went to check my bank account a bit after 8pm hoping for my owed millions, but alas, I still have but one lonely circular digit left in my account.

The Rambo money is crap and its so friggin boring. I literally get there, eat breakfast, then change into my missionary costume and then I go to sleep on some hay until noon-ish. The sleep sucks because I am awakened constantly by flies landing on me or sometimes by chickens fighting around me or by gunfire. Today I was woken by something sounding like a helicopter gun. Actually, one time today I was woken up by Stallone talking to some guy next to my haystack. It was better than the gunfire of course. Then I wait until lunch which was very late today-around 14:30. There isn't really anything I can eat so I usually just eat salad and fruit and sometimes some form of potato or rice. Erm, back to the point. I keep doing it for the money because I really need it. I am owed thousands of dollars right now and I don't know if I'll ever get any of it. There isn't really anything I can do about it either.

The next problem is that the Sonkran festival is starting up pretty soon where the country goes berserk and has water fights from about 9am until dusk for a few days. Which means if I don't get the money by tomorrow or Wed, I will have to wait a week (if I get it at all) until the holiday is over surely. I don't think even Rambo can get me out of this jam.

Oh yea, on top of that - my computer has some nasty virus that won't allow me to log on. I need a windows xp cd to fix it and of course I don't have one so I am also computer-less as well as broke. Woohoo.

1 comment:

EMF Refugee said...

好久不见了。你身体号码。泰国呢?

prd34