Saturday, April 07, 2007

Rambo whips out his pistol with a blinding flash of speed and easily dispatches with 4 of the pirates...

Sorry if this is getting boring. But at least take note that is far worse for me. I spent yet another day where we left around 5am and got back around 8:30pm and I was again not used for anything. I slept on a stack of hay until around 12:30. Then just stood around most of the day occasionally talking or watching scenes.

They torched a bamboo house and the fire burned out of control and spread all over the place so they were evacuating people down the hill en masse. I heard them mention that someone got hurt, but I never noticed anything and I don't think it was anything serious.

I saw Sly for the first time tonight. I was in the parking lot of unit 1 (the main unit - I "work" on unit 2) and this lady was fake-freaking out. "Sylvester is coming right here now!" I didn't catch the context, but the fact that she repeated this a few times seemed kind of silly. She came across as if something wasn't ready or what not. I mean, he is the director, and this is the set - shouldn't he be going there? Nobody seemed to be around to pay her any attention anyways. So he rolled up in a sleek suv with 2 Thai guys hanging on either side of the car blocking the passenger doors. Security, privacy? I can't say. It was kinda odd though. Anyways, he was like 10 metres from me and I wasn't even sure it was him as it was kinda dark until I heard him talk. Then I went back to eating my rice-porridge while waiting for my ride home.

I'm going in to the office tomorrow to sign on as a permanent extra for Rambo IV. This means that I will probably be called on 2-4 days/week to play (not do anything) a double for the missionaries who get captured in the film. I will also get paid for the days I went in and did nothing this week so I can actually pay my rent tomorrow even if my teaching job screws me over.

No comments: