Sunday, May 06, 2007

Update

So my dad seems to have woken up and been awake for a few days now. He can talk a bit and recognize people, but he doesn't know what year it is and he sometimes speaks nonsense. He still has pneuemonia and a fever at the moment. They want to move him to another hospital in Philly so he can get his heart checked out to see if there was a blockage or something that needs to be operated on, but they are waiting for his fever to go down first.

Also, while a bunch of people were visiting with my dad yesterday, his mother started complaining of chest pains and then began vomiting all over the floor much to everyones surprise. I think she is now also admitted at the hospital, but I'm not certain her condition.

I am still debating whether or not to go back. I am supposed to start some new part-time teaching gig next week and I'm not sure what I should do. If I went, it would really only be for a few days. Maybe 5 at most not including travel time. I'm thinking maybe I will wait until the heart check?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey if you need some place to stay in the States let me know...

Gwindarr said...

Thanks - will do. Not sure yet if/when I am going back though.

Anonymous said...

hola, no se inglés,pero te escribo porque a mi también me ha gustado dune, es la mejor novela de ciencia ficción de la historia de la literatura.

que te valla bien en Thailandia.