Thursday, February 02, 2006

Japanese for Busy People

I begin Japanese private lessons today at two schools, both of which I have previously studied at. 2-4 at YMCA followed by 4:30-6 at Kokusho. Following that marathon of JapanaMese, I gotta run to yoga class at 6:30. I will do one course with each and then choose whichever one I feel is better to continue with. I'd do both, but I'm kind of poor at the moment and private lessons cost a helluva lot more than courses. The biggest friggin problem with language study here is that you reach a certain level and you can't find upper intermediate or advanced classes anywhere. Sure, you may find classes that are advertised as advanced, but its really a load of bollocks. Sometimes I feel like I might kind of like to study Thai, just so I could get a grasp of newspaper vocabulary and score high on the 6th grade exam, but I'll get there eventually without really studying anyways. I suppose I'm not really in a hurry. Even if I was, what could I do?

Payap is going ok so far. I'm still worried about the workload for one class, but I should be able to manage it. We shall see. I have to give my first speech on Wed. No clue what my topic is. Perhaps Chiang Mai nightlife, or maybe Thai girls? Hrm.

No comments: