Sunday, January 29, 2006

Could I perhaps trouble you for some ice?

Yesterday was fairly interesting. I got woken up by a phone call at 9:30 by a friend of mine who was attending the same wedding I was. Its a good thing she called as the wedding started at 10am. I ran and got my clothes from the laundry shop, showered super fast and finished dressing in the elevator.

A Korean guy I don't know terribly well married his Thai girlfriend of two years. My Chinese teacher and Korean teacher were both at the wedding, as well as a couple friends from Payap and from my Chinese school. Aside from that there weren't many people I knew, but I met a few interesting folks. The wording of the ceremony was rather odd. The sermon spoke rather specifically about sex, which I had never heard in a wedding before. They played some awfully tacky games where people would answer questions about the couple to win a prize. Then lunch, which I couldn't eat. I had salad over rice. No jehlicious (vegan) treats for me. Bummer.

Saturday I went and played badminton for a while with this one girl Sayu whom I've been hanging out with a bit lately. She seems cool enough, but I've made it clear I have no interest in a girlfriend at the moment. She doesn't seem to mind. Not yet anyways.

I went to Warm Up later to meet up with the crew, but I was surprised to find that nobody was there at around 11ish. They are always there on Sat night. I called Jeff and said "Where you at?". Somehow, he thought I said "Whad jyu got!?" and that has since become the funniest thing anyones ever heard. So basically, I have this new tag line which I didn't even say. Ah well. It will be funny for a while.

Later in the evening, I hadn't found any girls to invade, so I went to the bathtub table with the team. At the table next to us were 5 girls. Rather than stress over what I was going to say to approach them, I just asked Jeff. "Go ask them for ice." It worked rather nicely. I went and got a glass then went over and asked for ice. Then I sat down and asked if they could give me something to drink with the ice. Somehow we ended up playing jenga, at which I am a master, but I haven't a clue where that came from. Crazy times. I went out with them after for more debauchery. Got home late. Fun stuff.

No comments: