Sunday, January 07, 2007

Machine

I went out with a bunch of whiteys last night. It was pretty fun. I thought I was gonna hang out with the gym girl, but it didn't happen so I got a few phone numbers in front of Warm Up before going to 7-11.

While I was having lunch today I went through my phone to figure out how many girls I'm talking to at the moment. The numbers were actually quite frightening. There are 17 of them if you count the three I met last night. One of them remembered me from when I tried to jeeb her some ages ago. I have slept with 4 of them already. There is no chance I'll get them all. I'm just not good at maintaining anything. What often happens is that I'll give up after a few days and not talk to them. Then sometime in the future I will run into them again and they will usually remember me and stare and/or smile at me which is the open door I need to go talk to them. Then the game begins again. I even got attacked by this one German girl last night. She came up to me and said something in German that I couldn't hear nor understand. My German is pretty limited to "Where is my hat?" and similar nonsense. I wasn't interested and I didn't know what to say. I didn't wanna be mean. She seemed pretty cool anyways. But, I was feeling more confident than I've felt in ages and I wanted to sweep through the club and see if I could either find any girls I know or find a new one.

Actually, one of the 17 girls I counted, I've never met. I ran into a friend last night and he gave me the phone # of some supposedly cute girl he met and somehow talked me into calling this person I've never met/seen (as far as I know). The conversation was pretty interesting. It went something like this:

me: Hey, where are you?
her: Who is this?
me: Its Brett!
her: Who?
me: Brett
her:Who?
me: Brett
her: Where do I know you from?
me: I just met you earlier at Warm Up (club name)
her: Oh. I don't remember.
me: Its ok. Where are you now?
her: Fashion House (club name). Where are you?
me: At 7-11.
her: Sorry that I can't remember you. I'm too drunk.
me: Haha. Its ok really.

I never met up with her, but it was kind of amusing all the same. Perhaps I'll call her tonight. Being single is refreshing, but it eventually gets old. I can't do this all year, but I try to capitalize on this odd burst of confidence I have during the first few months of the year. It inevitably tapers off around April or so. I have time.

No comments: