Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Reap the Harvest

The New Year has arrived.

How ironic. I was just about to talk about how good this year was going to be. However, as I was ending the previous sentence I knocked over my drink and it spilled all over my desk while splashing my desktop and keyboard. Fun stuff.

This is the time of year where I usually shine. During the first 2-4 months of the year my confidence and ability to get things done are quite good.

I spent New Years Eve with 2 friends that live here. One is English, at least 10 years older than me and my Thai student, the other is American, 3-4 years younger and can't afford to be my Thai student. After the countdown (which is all anyone cares about here..."Where were you for the countdown?") things got better. One of the 2 girls who work at my gym (they are essentilaly pretty girls to lure people into trying out the gym. They sometimes pretend to exercise after removing their high heels - perhaps out of boredom), ended up calling me shortly after to see where I was. I have hung out with both of these girls, but I noticed that one of them had been showing strong interest in me since she broke up with her boyfriend, so I said she was welcome to join me out anytime. So New Years Eve was the first real time. She had just broken up with her boyfriend of 4 years. Of course as I am the unluckiest person in the world, this x-boyfriend is the largest guy who works at the gym. He is also the one that is most polite to me. I didn't find this out until she was already in my bed, but who am I to stop things there. I should probably refrain from asking him for a spot for a while anyways.

Aside from that girl (whom I am actually going to meet in 10 min), I met a really cute girl who is here from Bangkok last night. Actually, I've met far too many girls in the last week. I can't keep track of all of them so I often have to pretend to know who I am talking to/where I met them/what they look like. I get more numbers when I'm drunk then sober and therefore the supposedly clever names I put in my phone are limited in creativty. Many of the names in my phone look something like what you see below. Obviously, I can make more sense of it than you because I often include abbreviations of the locations I met them, but I can't always figure out what I was thinking when I typed that crap.

Ex:

DisGrlNoGd
Ice Ice
Lin Chinese
Joob Dis/
MaTa Niman
NookKawee?
?

4 comments:

EMF Refugee said...

Yo Dude! I saw a guy in the ChiangMai Starbucks studying Japanese today and it reminded me of your blog so I decided to check it out and here we are. We should go out for a beer - there's a microbrewery near Payap U. which is good for me because I am allergic to all the formaldehyde they put in the beer in these third world countries. If you must, bring along a few of those girls. I am in Chiang Mai for a few more days before I head for Pai. Cheers mate@!

prd34 Jan 4th, 2007

EMF Refugee said...

Oh btw you might want to check out this YouTube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEqCkwPmQ_w

Gwindarr said...

I'm up for a beer, but lets go somewhere better than the brewery. I'll take you to a spot where you can see what the real girls in CM look like. Just let me know when.

EMF Refugee said...

Hi, I am staying at the Gap's House 2 GH and my email is prd34@yahoo.com. The number there is 053-274277 and I am in room 207.

I have all these sensitivities which makes my life hard - especially in these Asian countries: MSG, Formaldehyde in beers, pesticides, and so on. I was just at Art Cafe and the owner had assured me earlier that they didn't put MSG in the Western food there, but after eating a sandwich and inquiring some more, it became obvious that they were actually marinating the chicken with one of these MSG products. Thanks a lot for nothing! Really! So I went across the street to Boots and bought some Citrizine (anti-histimines) which is only helping a little bit. Anyway, why don't we go check out the girls and then go to that brewery because I am dying for a beer but usually can't drink the preservative-laden beer - that has a shelf-life of twenty years - cause it makes me break out and itch all over.

I was going to go to Pai tomorrow but I think I can postpone it a day. Give me a ring and if I am not there leave a message or send me an email. I am going to go get some acupuncture tomorrow morning after around 10 AM.

cheers,

paul