Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Drinking And Stuff

Well, according to my traffic report, nobody reads my blog anymore! I suppose I can understand as I have been unable to update as often as before. This is partially due to work and school, but I think also that it has something to do with my rather strange mood cycle. I suppose the only reason I'm writing at the moment, is because I've spent a while studying and I need a break (other than news). Its kind of amusing that I'm getting a spurt of energy just as my semester comes to a close.

First off, lets go over my drinking habits of late. As those of you who know me, I am a drinker. Not a drunk exactly, nor a lush, but I drink almost every day. Perhaps I actually get drunk 2 or 3 times a month, but never beyond me becoming extremely talkative, or on rarer occasions, emotional. Lately, most of my Korean friends (and girlfriend) have been bothering me about my 'red nose' which in Korea, seems to be the primary sign of alcoholism. Now, I suppose I'm an alcoholic already by the standard definitions, but I'm not going to worry much about this today.

It has been expressed to me by a number of sources, that my Zoloft, of which I am currently taking 100mg/day, would be much more effective if I didn't drink. Having considered this, I decided to attempt to sever a few days of drinking from my week.

Its been rough, but certainly possible. I had to wait until the bulk of my exams were over, as I knew it would interfere with my endless sleeping problems. The past few weeks I haven't had any alcohol from Sat-Mon. Following this, Tues and Thurs tend to be light drinking, while Wed I often go out with my Thai friends and Friday I can often be found drinking a moderate amount with Lia or others. I think this schedule is fine for me. Unfortunately, on the days I don't drink, I can't fall asleep, and I get these crazy carbohydrate cravings. My diet consists of at least 75% soy products and vegetables. Although the exact mix of that varies considerably based on where I am living at any given time.

Well, I was actually going to do a language lesson when I started writing this. I'm not quite sure what happened. Ah well, maybe soon. I'll end my babbling for the day. I have too much free time!

No comments: