Thursday, June 30, 2005

Vocab Stuff

As I'm at the point in Korean where I'm attempting to memorize some of the more useful emotion-related words, I thought I'd post them here. More for my benefit than yours of course ;-) It also forces me to type Korean, which isn't terribly hard, and while its certainly very useful to be able to type many languages, it still sucks to learn each time. That deep ache that comes from forcing your brain to work so hard in memorizing the key layout. I hope its worth the pain.

기뻐 - happy
슬퍼 - sad
위로워 - depressed
지겨워 - bored (as in not being interested in whats going on)
화났어 - angry
우울해 - depressed
재밌어 - fun
무서워 - scared

Also, here are a few ไทย words I picked up recently. They came from gambling discussions.
เท่าทุน - to break even on a financial investment; sell at par
เจ๊ง - to lose on an investment
เจ๊า - to tie, a draw

No comments: