Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Birthdays and Stuff

I've been extremely busy lately. I think I cracked a rib at the gym so I didn't go to the gym for a couple weeks. I went back today and took it easy. It still hurts, but I imagine it will still heal if I don't agitate it so much.

As for Birthdays. There were far more than I could handle. First up was a Friday night party for a girl who lives outside the city. I went with about 10 people, of which one or two knew this girl. Shortly after arriving, I realized I had been to the house before. It turned out that I am kind of friends with the girls mother and her aunt. I've known them most of the time I've been in Thailand. I see the girl fairly often, but I'm not really friends with her. She is 18 or so I think. I also met her sister, who was in Australia when I went there and her mother had given me her phone # there, but I never called. After I realized who she was I handed her my phone with her number and she looked at it for a minute before freaking out. It was pretty funny. Anyways, the party wasn't terribly exciting so I managed to talk most everyone into moving to Warm Up which turned out to be more fun. Following that, Jeff, Mike and myself went to Easy to eat. We saw a table of 3 girls there so we went to bother them. It was relatively fun.

On Saturday, I had 3 other birthday jams to attend to. First, I went to a party at one of the first bars I went to in Chiang Mai, CM Saloon, 2.5 years ago and I'm close with all of most of the folk who work there. This b-day was for a guy named Zero who I just met a few days ago. He is a friend of a friend I guess. Seems like a nice guy. He rented a suite at a hotel here for the night and we planned to go there to party around 2am. While I was there, I got a call from a girl I met recently who lives in Chiang Rai (about 3 hours North of Chiang Mai). She said she was on her way to Chiang Mai for my birthday and would arrive around 1am. I was kind of surprised as I've only met this girl like 4 times, but I guess we have become pretty friendly.

Anyways, after I hung out at the Saloon for a bit, I had to sneak off to Warm Up, as it was my friends girlfriends birthday and I guess I've gotten kind of close with a friend of hers lately. So I went there and it was awfully boring and I was kind of uncomfortable so I was polite and hung out for one drink before going outside.

Outside I ran into a friend of mine who happens to have the same birthday as me, and he was celebrating so I stayed with him and his friends. That was fun. Afterwards, I should have gone home as I had birthday plans starting at 9am on Sunday.

I didn't go home. I went to meet up with the Chiang Rai girl and the others outside the hotel where we went up and had a rather fun party. I went home around 4:30 and passed out.

My friend Pop called me at 8:45 to let me know she would be picking me at 9:30 to go to the lake. We (Gai and her bf, Pop, myself and some other girl) went there early and spent the day by the lake. They bought me some cake (which I can't eat0 and I was competley exhausted so I slept for a couple hours. It was fun and I picked up a few Thai words I didn't know.

After that, I went back and took a nap in the afternoon and then did some homework before going to eat with Jenny and Randy. Then we went to Warm Up with a few other people and it was ok. Everybody was pretty tired. We sat at a table which consists of an old legged bathtub with a sheet of glass over it. I managed to convince everyone to slide it aside and let Jenny go inside for a bit. We took pictures of Jenny inside the tub which were pretty amusing. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

No comments: