Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Smokers Die Already!

I've been sick for about two weeks or so now. I'm quite sure its a direct result of my being around people that smoke too much. It started one day after I went out for about 2 hours with a group of people, most of whom smoked. We sat outside, but I was just surrounded by it and suffered badly for a few days following. That along with the fact that I walk through or sit in smoke every day in CM. What its like for me now that I've been away from smoke for a few days is almost identical to when I quit smoking some 6 years ago. Its like a cold, where your sinuses are constantly expelling fluids. For the 2 days before I left Thailand I woke up drowning in my own saliva at 4 or 5 in the morning. Its mighty unpleasant. So I can't breathe as well as I should, and on top of that, varying amounts of yellow goodness are attempting to ease their way from my lungs to the nearest place that I can spit them. Nice eh? It feels a lot worse than it sounds.

Maybe I should move to Bhutan?

No comments: