Thursday, April 13, 2006

Water Falls

Today was fun. It is the first unofficial day of the Songkrahn festival in Chiang Mai. The real holiday starts tomorrow, but people get excited and start early. I was invited to go to a waterfall in Mae Sa (Northern Thailand) with a girl whom I am kind of friends with. Actually, my relationship with her was rather strange and I once wrote a post in Japanese about some rather crazy things she did.

Anyways, today we went to this waterfall with everyone that works in her office. So it was me, 5 other guys and 3 girls. I had to go through the usual process of them seeing a white guy and assuming/wondering if he can speak any Thai. Of course I can fluently, but although I often seem to get tired of this almost daily situation, I am not sure if I really am. In fact, I'm fairly sure I like the attention. I got almost none (good att) during my childhood and I have been making up for it since.

So there was swimming and drinking and such. Sitting under waterfalls which bash the hell out of you, but feels like a great massage. I have a large bump on my forehead, a scrape on my arm near my elbow, cuts on my feet and torso. I suppose I wrestled with a mountain and came out ok, but scraped up a bit. The facial scar is probably the worst. It didn't hurt until I noticed it of course, but now it hurts when I touch it hehe.

Tomorrow the festival begins for real. A girl from my uni is picking me up around noon and we will circle the city moat throwing water at people. Should be fun!!

No comments: