Friday, July 21, 2006

Argh My Place Sucks - Nothing Interesting Here

I've been looking for a new place to live lately. No luck as of yet. I need faster internet. The speed in my room has been awful lately if its even friggin working. I went to complain at the office today and they said they were upgrading the line again this month. I asked how much to install a private phone line so I could just get internet directly from the company, but my complex charges something ridiculous like 5000 baht to install the line. Thats not including the 1200 or so you actually have to pay the company for the installation. I hate this place. If the building wasn't in such a key location, or if I had a vehicle, I would never put up with this shit. And the moving part is a big hassle. All my friends with cars are nowhere to be found when I need to move.

I just finished this 5 day 2 hr/class course with this 15 yr-old kid from Bangkok. He comes here twice a year with his family to visit relatives. He studies at an international school so his English is pretty good. I didn't have a clue what to talk about for 10 hours, so I bought a paper each day and make him read articles and then we would discuss them. He had no idea about what was going on anywhere. Wars, bombings, etc. I got a call earlier from the same school, they want me to teach for 6 hours tomorrow. Not sure what that is going to entail, but I took it because I need to scrape up some cash quickly. Too many companies/people owe me money right now and I've had to wait far too long and I'm worried. I also have to pay tuition next week because my school won't renew my visa until I've registered for the next term.

I have some crazy injury or something and I'm not sure how it happened. My knee was hurting a bit the other day and then yesterday I woke up and from my foot to my thigh my entire leg has all these pain points that fire up each time I step/move/twist my leg. Its not a pain I'm familiar with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a Sprint PCS Air Card. They work great! Then you can get online and live whereever you want.

EMF Refugee said...

There's a doctor about two doors up west from Munkala on Rachamankha that does acupuncture - and he is pretty good (probably better than Munkala and cheaper), but only open on Saturday and Sunday. He could probably most likely help you for both your leg problems and perhaps also for the anxiety attacks. He was able to cure his son of eczema after trying the conventional Western medicine treatments and not succeeding. On the urging of his wife he started to study acupuncture and while skeptical at first, now is a firm believer. He's a pretty interesting guy who also has an MBA besides an MD and manages a hospital in Bangkok. Tell him that Paul sent you. It's about 300 bhat a treatment. Not bad at all.

cheers,

prd34

ps: probably the last thing you want to do is get an Air CArd - it will just expose you to more microwaves and perhaps push you over the edge.. Sorry anonymous - but you should know better after our recent conversations. :)