Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Bollocks

I somehow got duped into "helping" my Chinese teacher out with his Master's thesis. My cut is a bottle of JD Red, and Chinese lessons twice a week indefinitely. But indefinitely means I probably will have to help him with English stuff regularly. Oh wel, its worth the trade I guess. Red goes down smooth.

I have to come up with about 60 questions to test the level of English of front-desk hotel staff in Chiang Mai. Along with that I need to write up some interview questions for the recorded part of the paper. No fun.

I can't decide which classes I will take for next term. The pickings are slim as usual. Below are the schedules I'm considering.

MWF 10-11 Modern Business
11-12 Instructional Skills
3-4 Sociolinguistics

The good side of this setup is that I don't have to wake up too early. The bad side is the 3 hour gap between IS and Socio. Also, 3 days a week where I won't have time to exercise. I study Chinese 6-8pm MWF as well.

OR

TuTH 8-9:30 Communication Technology
9:30-11 English for Labour Law
12:30-2 Small Group Communication

This would leave me more free time to work/exercise/study independently. However, I would need to wake up around 6am twice a week. And Tu/Th's I study Korean from 4-6 and then Chinese from 6-8.

Both of these schedules suck as far as I'm concerned. While Tues/Thur will certainly be more painful, I'm leaning towards it at the moment. I'm also taking 2 exemption tests early next month. Academic Writing and Business Eng II. I'd test out of more high level classes, but I can't because they never offer them. The end of the semester I can probably take 1 or 2 more. I think I need about 18 classes plus my internship. I should be able to finish in 3 terms, including the one that starts next month.

No comments: