Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Clash of the TitAnns

Whoops. I'm not sure if I truly erred or not, but this is a story that needs to be told. If only to confirm that the silliness of the happenings within my life are real and usually unbelievable. Be forewarned that the following story does involve sex, though I won't be too graphic in its telling.

Anyways, first I suppose I have to give a bit of background on the situation. I have been in an on/off relationship with one particular girl at varying levels for a fairly long time as of late. I met her about 7 months ago, and she somehow (without my realizing) became my girlfriend. It was a strange relationship, as all of mine tend to be, and although she was fun and I liked her a lot, she didn't communicate enough with me for anything long-term to come of it. She had finished with me before and stormed off with promises never to return, but she always came back. But in the beginning I was pretty depressed after her departure. But after the 2nd time, I honestly didn't feel anything anymore when she pulled that move. So the other day we had a bit of an argument and she removed all of her belongings from my room and gave back the keycard to my building and then gave me my presumably final ride to school. I felt ok with the situation actually. I never really wanted a girlfriend in the first place. I am pretty incompetent at making and breaking relationships after all. I had mixed feelings. One part of me considers the wonders of being single while the other suffers a deeper hurt at something lost. So a few days ago when she took everything out, I assumed myself to be single. I moved things up with a potential girl from my uni.

More details are necessary at this point. First, both the (ex??)gf and the new girl are named Ann. I'm more concerned with the now in my life. So, Ann #1 ran out on me a couple of days ago. Her friend, however, needed some Thai to Eng translation help for school and convinced Ann #1 to call me for help. I said sure and when I met them, Ann #1 spoke about 3 words to me while her friend did all of the talking. She looked so sad. It made me feel pretty horrible so I called her a few hours later and suggested we go out drinking and talk. We went out and got trashed, had a great time and slept together. But before that, I said that we could maintain a relationship, but that it would have to be different than before. She slept over and took me to school yesterday.

Fast forward again: After my exam on Monday, I spent the day with Ann #2 (a girl who studies at my uni) whom I had been 'talking' to lately. That culminated in her staying over. Eventually, this led to sex. During the sex, I got a phone call from Ann #1. She asked if she could come stay with me. I said that she couldn't. She asked "Why? You have someone else there?" I replied truthfully as always. The sex went on for quite a while, until a knock came at the door. I was on my back on the bed with my head hanging off of it. We froze. The noise from moments ago was obviously very loud and whomever was outside my door ( I knew whom it would be of course) would know as well. But we froze anyways. The knock came again. Then the worst - I didn't actually think I would be staying in my room when we entered earlier (I was really just dropping off my bag..) so I didn't do the one thing I always do as I enter/exit my room - lock my door. So the door swung open and there I was lying on my back on my bed with my head hanging off looking at my gf of 2 days prior while I am naked under the 'new' girl who was feeling not nearly as sympathetic as I was.

The door opened - we were exposed, then it closed. A moment later, the knock came again. I threw on some boxers and went outside to talk to her. She asked me why I didn't warn her. I thought I did. She had called me earlier and I said she couldn't stay with me because 'someone' was over. I think she came for confirmation. It was my own deserving folly that I for the first time ever didn't lock the door and therefore spare her the sight of my encounter. I spent a while in the hallway with her. She seemed a little stunned, but not really. I don't see how she couldn't have known beforehand. But at the same time, I feel ashamed that she had to see it. She deserves better.

The problem now is - what should I do? I do really enjoy the debauchery I get into when I'm single and I will eventually (presumably anyways) reach an age where I can't/wont want to do this anymore. So I might as well take advantage of it while I can. Right?

No comments: