Sunday, April 24, 2005

Crazy Ole Tim

I have been terribly busy. I haven't even had the time to put up half of the things that have been going on before I've forgotten all the important details!

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I'm alive, busy and happy. I'm certainly still in love, but I realized that it might as well be impossible. I'm getting good at that I suppose. I need to go back to Thailand for a while, no matter how much this place is growing on me. I just needed a couple months to get comfortable I suppose. Ahh well. Next year I will try to goto Japan again. Of course, I wouldn't be adverse to going to Korea or any other new country for that matter. Coming here has reminded me of something I discovered about three years ago. If I wasn't so tired, I might even go into that!

A few quick notes might be worthy of mention. I went to St. Kilda beach today with Kumiko. We ate at this badass vegetarian place called Soul Mama. Right on the beach and the food was mighty good. Not as good as my shop in Chiang Mai, but on the right track! Tonight I went out with Will, Tomoe, Ashin, Lang-ee, Kumiko and two new Burmese friends (Sanda and Bon). We had a good time and I informed Will and Tomoe of my feelings for Lia. On the tram home with Tomo, an odd Australian guy talked to us the entire hour back. Tim, who had just come from his fourth viewing of the musical Mama Mia!, was wearing a shirt of the same name as well as an ABBA button (Abba music is the soundtrack to the play I think?). He told us how he is 46, lives with his parents, and has never found someone he cared enough about to make love to. It goes on much longer than this, but I fear I must retire. Faithful readers, do try and be patient and I will attempt to complete this story another time. Perhaps I shall wow you with stories of how Tim just didn't feel good about the size of his belly or how he never seemed to have any luck with the ladies. Or maybe, I'll recite tales of his thoughts on homosexuality and how as a Christian he wasn't against it per se, but he still thought it was wrong. Well, you get the idea. Only in Australia.

No comments: