Sunday, April 03, 2005

Thai Festival - Party

Ah, the last few hours of my vacation. I enjoyed it. I spent the day at the Thai festival in the city. It wasn't anything special as far as festivals go, but it was a decent taste of home. The weather was Melbourne at its best: hot, rainy and really cold. I spent most of the day with Lia, one of the Korean girls I've recently befriended. She has given me a decent base of Korean. I can read most of the alphabet after one lesson, though there are a few characters with which I'm still a bit slow or rusty. Learning can be easy if you don't overload your brain with any one particular thing. By jumping around, you can absorb so much!

I picked up my Zoloft prescription today. It was $40 for 30 100mg pills. That should hold me off for a bit.

As for my party on Friday, I made an Indian-style curry/soup, a few rolls of vegan sushi as appetizers, fried mixed vegetables with tofu, and Thai spicy vermicelli salad with fake squid. Anthony made sweet and spicy Thai-style pasta and Will brought some kim chee. I think everything turned out well. Here is a shot of a few of us. We all got sickeningly full. Food is surely evil!

From L to R - Lia, Me, Anthony, Will, Lana.

Posted by Hello

No comments: