Monday, January 02, 2006

New Years and Stuff

I've been in Bangkok since the 27th. Most of the plans I had were cancelled and my money seems to be evaporating here so I'm going back to Chiang Mai tomorrow. I watched Narnia and March of the Emperor, both of which were very good. I also so a Japanese movie called Nana which was a great film.

I originally had planned to go to Kanchanaburi with a girl I met the night before I went to Korea, but things got kind of awkward with her somehow and it made me very hesitant to go travel with her for 2 or 3 nights. So I went to Pattaya instead with 2 of the girls that I met on Koh (island of) Samet a couple months ago. It took a bit less than 2 hours to get there and then we spent another 2 hours driving around trying to find a room. They would have gone on longer if I hadn't been able to convince them that we really didn't need a room. So we went out and it wasn't that exciting. Too hot, too many people, too much smoke, etc. The only nice part of the night was when they took me to a Russian strip club. I wasn't even aware that they had a Russian community in Pattaya, let alone Russian strippers. Good stuff. Most of them weren't terribly interesting, but they certainly put on a better show than their Thai counterparts in the other room.

I spent the day with the Koh Samet girl and then we met up with 2 of the other girls that I met on the island and we went out for a bit. It was ok.

Overall, I think December was a miserable month. I've lost about 5 kilos somehow and I've been sick almost the entire month. On top of that Chiang Mai is oddly a little cold. Well, maybe like mid-50s at night, but when you are on a motorcycle with a t-shirt it feels super cold. Physically, I feel very strange lately.

Next round of Chinese classes starts tomorrow. I need to fill up my schedule as quickly as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

clingy?