Sunday, February 13, 2005

Into the City for St Kilda's Festival

So I went to the city. It wasn't that exciting. There was a festival going on near the bay. That also wasn't very exciting. The tram here is too friggin expensive. The city seems cool, but I haven't explored it much yet. I'll see more this week. Most people in the compound are going on some happy orientation trip that I opted out of. They will all be gone for 3 days. It will be quiet here, but I should be fine. I ordered some groceries online that will arrive tomorrow night. I forgot to buy seasonings last time and I am almost out of beer.

I don't feel as comfortable here. I am older than most of the people here and I am friendly with everyone, but I've only buddied up with a couple of them. I will most likely become closer because it is just too expensive for me to go out much here. I'll make the best of it, but we'll see what happens.

Oh yes, Happy Valentine's Day, faithful readers. I'll let you know what happens/ed with the flowers I sent.

Here is today's amusing pic. While I may look quite sad, that wasn't exactly the case that evening....

No comments: