Monday, February 28, 2005

Classes Begin Tomorrow!

11am tomorrow begins my ingression into the world of the languages of Indonesian and Arabic. While I find my gi-normous Arabic text to be slightly intimidating, I have no fears that I'll be able to hold my own in Indonesian by the time I return to Thailand. If anyone shows interest in learning along side me, perhaps I will offer weekly lessons? Perhaps if no one shows interest, I may still offer weekly lessons? We shall see my faithful reader(s), we shall see.

I spent most of the last two days roaming around the city with some friends here. I saw Constantine and I enjoyed it. Last Thursday I went to my Japanese club again at this nice little place called Robot Sushi I met a lady who works at the Japanese consulate here and she told me they have a rather nice culture center with a free library with plenty of good Japanese stuff. I plan to head there this week.

I wrote an email tonight to the manager of the international house. I mentioned that half of the machines in the gym are broken, there are pool balls missing from the table and I offered some very inexpensive improvements. I've looked over the IH's web site under facilities and found it claiming a number of things we don't have. As long as they respond nicely to my pleasant request for repairs and minor inexpensive upgrades, I won't go crazy. Otherwise I may have to champion another attempt at mutiny. I kind of like getting people riled up over such things.

Pop's birthday was on the 26th. I sent her a stuffed kangaroo and I called her yesterday.

I've somehow managed to develop what seems to be a smokers cough. This is rather distressing as I haven't smoked in nearly 5 years. The air is much cleaner here than in Chiang Mai and I've done my best to avoid second-hand smoke, but I've been coughing up a rather scary amount of crap in the past few days. I sometimes double over from the force of it. It doesn't cause as much pain as it did back when I quit smoking, but if it continues I may run into some serious problems. I exercise daily and eat very healthily and I quit smoking long ago, but I have a sinking suspicion that I will die fairly young because my lungs are shot to hell already. Bollocks indeed.

I've been in a number of pictures lately, but nobody has given me them yet. I'll get ahold of them eventually and post them. Also, I think its about time I started thinking about backing up my blog. I've written quite a bit and I'd hate to lose it.

On another frustrating note, my laptop is having big internet problems again. This makes my language studies considerably more difficult as this computer sucks.

Thats all for today team! See you after class or something.

No comments: