Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Class Report - Ill - Language Stuff

Had my first six-hour marathon of classes today. Starting off with one hour of Indonesian. There are cameras setup as the lecture is broadcasted to another campus closer to the ocean as well. There were many problems and interruptions. Hopefully that won't always happen. I didn't learn very much Indonesian today, but heres some basic stuff.

Good morning - Selamat pagi.
How are you? - Apa kabar?
Fine (lit. good news) - Kabar baik.
How (are you?)? - Bagaimana?
Fine - Baik-baik saja.
Where are you going? - Anda mau ke mana?

After Indonesia was my two-hour Arabic lecture. I liked the teacher there. He should be good. I learned a handful of Arabic characters and how to say a few things, but until I know the entire alphabet I won't attempt to type it.

Music class was pretty cool, but I think it will be too much work. I'm a bit too advanced for the lessons, but its kind of nice to have music theory explained to me. I've read quite a bit about it, but have never been formally taught music. The teacher is pretty interesting. Her instructional methods are somewhat similar to my own. I was impressed ;-).

The crappy part of today was that nobody turned on the AC in any of the classes and it was friggin hot! I was a sweaty mess by the time I got home. I think I also managed to come down with the flu. I'm cracked out on painkillers and cold medicine at the moment. Hopefully I'll feel better upon waking.

I'm dying for Zoloft people. Can somebody please send me some? My life is so much easier when I'm taking that stuff. I've been out for nearly 2 weeks and its like I fell into a ditch or something. Zooooloffft!

No comments: