Monday, July 25, 2005

Argh!

Well, I'm still sick. I haven't slept any time the sun was down in the past 5 days. I have however managed to get a few hours during the day over the weekend.

Before I went to sleep this morning, I thought I was starting to feel better, but having slept a bit, I still feel like crap. My friend Toam stopped by with some medicine and such today and yesterday her and a friend stopped by to bring me food. Thailand is a great place to get sick. Everybody is always running over to take care of you. Nobody does that anywhere else that I'm aware of (children aside). Why I remember this one time about a year or so ago, I got very sick and I sent a message to my friend asking if she could bring me some juice and medicine when she finished work that night as I was too sick to go out. She showed up with 2 other girls and I got a whirlwind of 'take care'. One kept wiping away my sweat with a warm damp towel, one sat behind giving me a massage and the other fed me med's and juice and such.

Anyways, I didn't even get out yesterday. Its rained all weekend. I have my trial Chinese class tonight. Hopefully, I can survive it. I'm also considering drinking tonight to help break my daytime sleeping schedule. Possibly not the best idea, but I just can't fall asleep. Its awful. Try to imagine what its like to essentially be trapped in your room and around 9pm, you start considering the fact that there isn't anyway you will fall asleep for at least 13-15 more hours so what should you do? My dvd-rom drive is busted, so I can't install the three games I bought in Melbourne nor can I watch any movies. So basically my 12 hour routine goes something like this, play Age of Wonders 2 30-90 minutes (or until the laptop gets too hot - it will shut off if I keep playing), review vocab program 5-10 min (all languages), review/make new kanji flashcards (RTK mnemonic system), 10-15 min, practice reading Thai stories from sea.edu and add new vocab to prog 20-30 min, read one chapter of whatever horrible book I'm reading (about to finish the third since I've been sick), make some tea, rinse and repeat. Fun stuff. I never realized I could be so productive. Of course, I wouldn't want to make this a normal schedule as I'd go insane before too long.

No comments: