Monday, July 18, 2005

Godzilla vs Mothra

Last night I went out with Jiu and a friend of his named Kevin (from CT). We went to Warm Up for a bit and then to some place called Godzilla following that. It was a real dive. We went into the karaoke room and after I was suitably inebriated, I sang a few Thai songs to everyones delight. Or at least thats how I remember it. Jiu left because he had to work and Kevin vanished at some point and I just hung out with this girl I met and she gave me a lift home around 5am. It was a lot of fun.

Tonight I'm getting my wisdom tooth extracted. Since I've been to the dentist lately, I've taken in a number of new Thai words related to dentistry. The most frightening one is ผ่าฟันคุด which transltes to something along the lines of rip/tear-out deformed tooth. Thats what they wrote on my appointment card. Why couldn't they just write ถอนฟัน (extract tooth) ? Bah.

In regards to the recent comments of late, I'd just like to say thanks. Based on my traffic reports, I can see that some people actually read this stuff and its nice to get intelligent responses about my thoughts on occasion.

No comments: