Friday, July 15, 2005

Back Home

I've been back in Thailand since Tuesday morning. Its hot, but not brutally so. I met up with a few friends, rejoined the gym ($125 - 6 months), got my teeth cleaned ($10) and filled a cavity ($10). I'm getting my impacted tooth pulled on Monday. That should be fun. I went dentist-hunting with Sean and we found a great place with very fair prices. Good stuff.

Things ended up working out with Lia. Sorry I never got around to mentioning that. She understood eventually and we spent my last few days together. She also booked tickets with her sister to Malaysia at the end of next month. And they plan to spend a month here. I'm going to look into studying in Seoul next year.

I had lunch with Pop yesterday. It was nice to see her.

Last night I went out with Wad, Gateaux, Aww and Tai. We got trashed at a nightclub called Architect and then headed to Fashion House which has moved to a new location. Much closer to my house. Its improved dramatically, but the prices sure haven't. 130 baht for a small heinekin! Thats more than $3. Crazy. Gotta stick to whiskey in those places.

I'm mighty sore today from working out combined with a rather nasty hangover so I've been pretty lazy. I'm working on translating some Korean stuff people wrote to me before I left. If anything interesting comes up I'll put it up. I have a journal that I have people write something to me that I can read on the plane whenever I leave one country and go to another. They must write in their native language. So far I have, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Burmese, Thai, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, German, French, Russian and English. I can't read all of them, but I'll get around to it eventually.

No comments: