Saturday, August 06, 2005

Retoxification Day 1

Myself and Lia at a place in Chinatown in Melbourne I went to often.
As I didn't actually drink until after midnight last night, we can say that today is my first day back on the magic juice.

A fairly new friend of mine named David (Born in HK, but grew up in Australia), invited me out today to talk to a Japanese friend to him. He has been thinking about studying Japanese and I guess he wanted to be around it. The girl's name is Mao and she seemed really nice. We hung out for a while and then I read this pamphlet to her and she told me the handful of words I didn't know. Here they are:

世論 - (se ron) public opinion
児童 - (ji dou) young children, infants, pupils
治療 - (chi ryou) care, treatment
自由 - (ji yuu) freedom
活動 - (katsu dou) activity
批准 - (hi jyun) ratify
認める - (mito meru) admit, accept
定義 - (tei gi) definfinition
差別 - (sa betsu) discrimination
平等 - (byoudou) equality
障害 - (shou gai) disorder, handicap
出きる鍵の事する (de kiru-kagi no koto suru) - to do everything possible
扱う - (atsuka u) to deal with (something {transitive})

I'm sure that was some exciting vocab for ya. I might get dragged into bowling tonight. Or at least going to sit and drink while other people bowl. I just never can't get into stuff like that. I'm sure it will be equally exciting.

No comments: