Monday, August 01, 2005

Wasting Away - Detox Day 1

My drinking has gotten a bit out of hand so I've decided to take a break for a while. 10 days of detoxification. Not sure if I can pull it off, but I'll give it my best shot.

I went to school today to talk about registration and my visa. There is no Japanese this term so I flipped out and said that this was unacceptable. I explained that its completely ridiculous that they offer a course and then pull it before I can fill my graduation req's. My advisor suggested I transfer into the Thai program and major in Japanese. I said ok! But as the Thai program is on a different schedule, I'd need to wait until October to register. This won't do well for my visa. So, I said I'd take 2 or 3 classes (Chinese, Thai and something) in the meantime and transfer over when the next Thai semester starts. I'm not sure how/if this will work out, but I'll manage something.

The downside to me switching my major didn't occur to me until I left school. Thats what I get for making decisions when I wake up and I'm still drunk. If I start studying in November, my plans to go to Korea will obviously be affected. I'm not sure when the semester ends. Hopefully, I can work something out with Lia. Nothings final yet anyways.

No comments: