Monday, August 22, 2005

Sideways Rain and Cabbages

I was writing this really long post a few minutes ago about where I've been the past couple days and I suddenly realized that its horribly boring. So I just thought I summarize it real quick more for my own benefit then yours.

Skipped Japanese class Sat - Took bus to Payao (3 hours North of Chiang Mai - also my last girlfriend's hometown)
Met up with F, her boyfriend and Jen - Went to a lake, had dinner, went to the town's only disco - Fought off the usual army of masseuseses (which upon checking the dictionary to confirm my spelling, I discovered that this word means a female who gives massages. What do you call her male counterpart? I don't care enough to research this one myself.)

After disco tried to find karaoke - No luck - got a room - slept
Noon on Sunday we headed out to Jen's college in Chiang Rai (further North) - massive rainstorm sidetracked us into a restuarant by a pond where we ended up eating and drinking for a while until the rain let up - Went to the campus - It was nice - Went back to the city (CR) - sang karaoke - tried to get into a disco called Sperm Pub (scary eh?) - Jen didn't have idea and my usually effective method of smoothtalking the doorman didn't work out this time - Dropped off Jen - Got a room - Slept - Spent all of today driving back to Chiang Mai - Fun trip.

Still long and not very exciting, but I think its an improvement on the previous version. I'll spare you any further mundane activities for the day. Chinese class is at 6. Gotta figure out how the hell to say all that in Chinese now. Ugh.

No comments: