Thursday, August 11, 2005

School Starts Monday

Payap classes start on Monday and my first Japanese class is on Tuesday night.

I took the Thai placement test today and it was pretty easy. It consisted of matching words with pictures then sentences, then read a few passages of consecutively more difficult level before writing a short essay about a picture of a family. I said the father cheats on his wife all the time, the mother is a stripper and the 3 year old daughter is a heavy smoker and a thief.

Anyways, because the test was so easy, I don't want to study in Thai 4. I feel it would be too far below my level to be beneficial. I'm hoping they will make an intensive course for me. We shall see.

After the test, I went to a funeral for a friend's father from school. He died of cancer very recently.

In the evening, I had dinner with Pop and Jiu and I'm supposed to meet up with F later. Tomorrow is Mother's Day in Thailand as it is the Queen's birthday so my Chinese school is closed.

No comments: