Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Update

I decided at least for the time being, I will stay as an English major and take 2 classes for that major and Chinese 3 this term. Then on top of that, I will take an intensive Thai course during the day. I'm going to take a test on Thursday to determine what level. On top of that, I'm going to try and set something up with the Japanese department so I can either sit in with a Thai class, or do some sort of independent study which I could then transfer as Japanese 5. The Thai won't get me credits, but it appeases my need to study. The Japanese would move me a step closer to filling that requirement for the English degree. As I have no clue what country I will end up in, a degree in Japanese may or may not be useful for me. But I suppose if I have an English degree, and I can speak a few Asian languages, I shouldn't have any problem finding something lucrative in the future in various countries.

No comments: