Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Polyglot Indeed -- Misc Picture Post - Gmail


What the hell were they doing? Posted by Hello

Perhaps I won't drop Indonesian after all. My tutorials for Arabic and Indo went quite well. I was worried about the time necessary to keep up, but pulled it off very smoothly. Chinese class was boring as hell. I sat next to this one guy who is fluent in Chinese and taking it for easy credits. On the other side of me was a Chinese-Indonesian who can read and write fairly well and speaks far better then I do. She seems pretty cool though. She was impressed with my Indonesian of course.

I suppose I can probably handle this workload. I put in my application for my work visa. Hopefully it won't take too long. I be needin 'da K@$4.

I don't know if its this way for everyone these days, but I have a seemingly unlimited supply of Gmail invites. If anybody needs an account just give me a holler.

Speaking of Indonesian, (well I was earlier) why don't I give you a run down of what I'm supposed to be able to use fluently tomorrow. Both sides of the following conversation. I have to be able to mix expressions/words with similar meanings and not just memorize the text. Here goes.

Ani - Selamat siang, Bu Indah. Mau ke mana?

Indah - Mau belanja. Ani juga belanja di sini?

Ani - Ya, rumah saya dekat sini.

Indah - Di mana?

Ani - Di Jalan Nuri. Dekat kantor pos. Rumah Ibu di mana, ya?

Indah - Ruma saya di Jalan Meltati. Dekat rumah Pak Budi.

Ani - O begitu... Permisi dulu, Bu. Saya mau ke rumah.

Indah - Mau ikut ke pasar?

Ani - Terima kasih, Bu. Saya mau ke rumah.

Indah - Mari. Sampai bertemu lagi.

Nice eh?

No comments: