Thursday, March 10, 2005

What goes on?

Alright so I really can't stand having housemates. I also can't stand that everyone here calls housemates sharemates. It almost makes me feel less certain about my continuous agitated state which is at least partially due to the fact that I am the only person that has bought dish soap, toilet paper, paper towels, salt, pepper, garlic, and garbage bags. I'm not sure if its written somewhere that these things are supposed to be communal items or not and I certainly don't mind if they are, but perhaps we could communally pay for them or something? Blaargh!! Ants! Somebody isn't cleaning up after themselves. If I wasn't already crazy, these things would surely drive me insane!

Ok onto friendlier topics. I forced Kilian and Tina (Germans living within the compound) to watch Star Wars IV last night. I was appalled to discover that they had in fact never seen any of the original SW movies. What kind of deprived childhood they must have had growing up deep inside the rainforests of Germany. Next, I think they may need a burst of Indiana Jones! After I've reeducated them to my way of thinking (as far as necessary movies go), perhaps I will give them a few dabs of Yojimbo or something interesting. Finally, I'll release them back into the wild so they can spread there newfound knowledge and abilities.

As I am writing this post I am going back and forth with an email to Pop, the most recent target of my affections. Writing letters in other langauges is a rather time-consuming task for one as anxious as myself. It would also help if I could concentrate on one thing for more than 3 minutes. Although as far as studying multiple subjects goes, that works brilliantly! But it does really make it difficult to write an email to someone. I can't always express what I want to say and I either need to say something easier, or I need to take a shot at saying something wrong. While I recognize that making mistakes is commonly believed to be necessary in learning a language, I prefer not to make any. Well thats not entirely true. It might be more accurate to say that it is extremely difficult for me to allow myself to say anything with even the smallest chance of being wrong. [Where is my Zoooooloft Jenny!! Mwahaha.] Here is a moving letter I wrote to my Latvian love of ages past. Its page 1 of 2 mind you. If anybody really wants to see the rest, just leave a comment and I'll give you the next page.


Letter to Polina - Page 1 Posted by Hello

Thats all of my ramblings for the moment. I think its almost time for me to start posting Arabic lessons. I will do it from the absolute basics (as soon as I can figure out how to type it) if anyone wants to learn how to read/write. It doesn't seem that difficult actually.

No comments: