Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Fatigue

I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in ages. Partially due to drinking, largely due to women, but mostly due to anxiety-related stress. I've been worrying about things quite a bit lately. I think at 1 pill/day Zoloft is no longer of use to me. I think it would be too expensive to double my dosage. Also, I'm still not sure if I can take the stuff with me to Australia. I highly doubt it.

Last night I went with Jenny to Chiang Mai Saloon (a popular foreign-owned bar where I am good friends with all the staff) to drop of a birthday present for one of my friends that works there. They invited us out after work (staring at 2 or 3am). I realized it wasn't a great idea, but I haven't had time to hang out with them in a while and I won't again soon so I agreed. Jenny was supposed to come along, but she got into a minor motorcycle accident and banged up her foot a bit. A girl who I met briefly on my birthday came to meet me at the Saloon and I hung out with her after we left there until I was to meet up for the birthday jam. Some things happened with her and she ended up staying at my place. I had a bit of a hard time getting her to leave in the morning so I could get ready for school. I think too many girls know where I live now. Even with only two weeks left here, I could potentially get myself into some trouble. Three girls have pledged their love for me in the past week alone. The usual Thai concept of "love" (in my experience anyways) is nothing like that of the average Westerner. Girl: "Brett, I love you. Do you love me?" Me: "What!?! No! I've only talked with you three times!" Heheh.

Onto a slightly more noble topic, Pop came to have lunch with me at Payap today and then hung out to talk with me for a while. I'm going to skip school tomorrow to hang out with her during the day. We will go see Seed of Chucky. A stunningly-beautiful-nice-girl-who-likes-horror-flicks? Smells like jackpot to me. We'll see.

I'm too exhausted for any lessons today, but I thought I'd offer a picture of me in one of my not-so-shining-moments. His Majesty the King's birthday 2003. I had perhaps 4 large Singha beers and an entire bottle (albeit small) of sake. At least thats what I remember. Bumper cars with some hot girls whos names and numbers I forgot to ask for in my drunken haze. I don't remember this particular shot either, but thats the point anyways. Glad I don't drink like that anymore.

I took a well-needed sober holiday after that night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Twas my knee, not my elbow.
And again, you're not skipping class if you aren't actually in the class to begin with.
"But I can't afford to do badly in a class even if it's not for real." (or something like that)
oh you're so silly. tehe

and don't worry- we'll figure out what to do about matthew