Sunday, January 02, 2005

The wait is over...


Thank you for your patience. I shall be rewarding it with something particularly special, a picture of me! Anyways, my friend Andrew drew this a few years back. I'm not exactly sure when, but I suspect 2001ish.

I went to Warm Up again last night with Sven. Gateaux met up with us later and we went to Fashion House(disco), then Forte(Late disco, not good, but open until 4am) and finally Easy (very big place to go eat until 6am - sells beer). I flipped out a bit on my friends due to some stress lately combined with a moderate level of inebriation. I managed to calm down and eventually worked everything out. There have been some things driving me crazy lately as far as my friendships with people. Perhaps I have unfair expectations on what a friend is? With the exception of those people I've known a long time, I cut ties with people very easily if I feel they are disloyal to me or if they waste my time. Am I too harsh? I think perhaps that the problem is that I am always so sure I know what everyone is thinking and that they always have motives behind everything they do. I suspect that this is largely due to who I am and how I think. It is hard for me to comprehend that most people do things all the time without really thinking about it. I can't do the simplest things without first playing out all the possible outcomes I can think of first. I'm not sure if this is a side-effect of my anxiety problems or the root of the entire matter. I just finished my first box of Zoloft. While it has helped my general mood considerably, I don't think it has done anything for my anxiety. Also, I'm afraid I will need to raise my dosage to continue benefitting from it. I also worry if I am allowed to take Zoloft into Australia with me. We shall see. I still have so many things to do before leaving in February. I haven't even bought my planet ticket yet!

日本語 - Today's Japanese lesson includes an idiom! Try to contain your excitement please.

貧乏くじを引く - Binbou kuji wo hiku - to draw the short straw (lot)

僕の命はいつも貧乏くじを引く。 It is my fate to always draw the short straw.

貧乏(びんぼう)poverty, impoverished

命 (いのち) fate, destiny, decree


Caustive Verbs! -- To make the caustive form in Japanese you just add saseru! No problem! Of course, as in every single grammatical rule in Japanese, there are always exceptions. But that is part of the fun you see.

Ex. あのう誰か武れっとさんが全部ビールを飲まさせてくれたんが。
   Um, someone let Brett drink all the beer...

For group 1 verbs, change the ending sound to the あ-line and add seru. 聞かせる - to make/let someone hear.

For the え-line verbs (group 2), drop the ru and change to saseru as 食べさせる。 This means to make/let (someone) eat.

する 来る become させる and こらせる respectively.
  


ภาษาไทย -

ระหว่าง - between (as in "I will arrive between 2 and 3pm today)

ระหว่างทาง - on the way to ..


No comments: