Thursday, January 27, 2005

Ugly Strippers and A Most Amusing Event

I had a most unusual evening yesterday. I went out alone and met up with a friend of mine at bar I used to frequent. We played pool while I pondered where I might go that night. My friend jokingly suggested Star 6, a strip club that I had heard of but had never been to. I figured we could go check it out as I always like to check out places I haven't been.

It was extremely dark inside and this was probably for the best because most of the "women" were pretty busted. Now there were a few nice ones, but nothing close to the girls I see at school every day. At one point a girl came out and shot darts into balloons that were hanging from the ceiling above the catwalk. Another girl opened a few coke bottles in a rather unpleasant manner. And there was one really stupid show with a girl putting lit torches out in her mouth. The not so grand finale was a shower show, with some frighteningly man-like beast taking a shower in semi-see-thru clothes. Blech. Serves me right for going into some shady dive like that!

Now on to the funny part. We went on to another place after that to get some food before we went back to my place. While in my room another girl called me saying she had forgotten her keys and needed a place to sleep for the night (of course I found this story a little shady when she showed up with a backpack with a change of clothes). So the first girl who is quite understanding left when the second girl called me to let me know she was almost there. I said goodbye to my friend and waited outside for the keyless girl. Two minutes later the first girl returns with the new girl on the back of her motorbike. The second girl stopped my friend and asked her if she knew where Suk Wat Court (my building) was. The first girl said yes and offered her a ride. I didn't realize until the next day when my friend (girl #1) told me what happened. Crazy stuff 'eh? An amusing side note, the 2nd girl took a ridiculously long shower in the morning and after she left I discovered that she had cleaned my bathroom. Toilet, sink and all. It sure is bizarre, but I'd say life is pretty damn good.

All this stuff going on lately has been quite a boost to my self-confidence. What this results in is minimized anxiety. Good stuff I'd say. I managed to go around to a bunch of chemists asking for Zoloft. It is usually very hard for me to do things like that. It also allowed me to pick up some things at school as well go harrass my advisor about a certain grading issue that has caused me to become enraged.

A Japanese girl I met a while back sent a couple pictures from one night we hung out. I'm including one of the better shots as todays completely unrelated visual companion to my hopefully amusing ramblings.


From left to right, Yumiko,Gateaux,Kumiko,Me. We are at Arctica in December. It was actually quite cold that night. Very odd for Thailand.

No comments: