Saturday, January 08, 2005

Movies, dreams and other nonsense...

I saw The Forgotten the day before yesterday and Cube Zero yesterday. The Forgotten was great! I had seen the previews and it looked interesting, but it was much more than I expected. I can't really tell much about it without spoiling it a bit. As for Cube Zero, it was also rather clever. The Cube movies are short, low-budget films which don't tend to come around full-circle. If you don't mind that they all end without really ending, you can enjoy them. Its a clever concept and they added some new twists and traps this time around. Considerably gorier than it's
predecessors. I saw the first trailer for the next Star Wars installment. I guess it was interesting??

I had this completely insane dream which surely had some connections to Cube Zero! I was trapped in this tall high-tech building. I was given a low-level pass that allowed me to get to my room through the card-key run elevator. There were stairs in a seemingly endless grand hall. Well, it just gets really strange after that with showers and a play and a number of escape attempts, so lets just leave it at that. Sorry.

Spent some time yesterday helping a friend study for the TESOL exam. She has taken it a number of times and has yet to pass. It is quite difficult, I know plenty of native speakers who probably wouldn't score too high!

I bought four really nice shirts for 1,200 Baht (around $30). Hoping to stock up with a nice new wardrobe for Australia.

The girl who owned the salon that is connected to my apartment building sold her shop and the new girl who bought it charges me nearly three times as much for a haircut! Argh. That means I have to pay $3 now of course. And she does cut it much nicer so no worries.

Today's fun word is: Lubricious!

Lubricious can mean lewd, lustful, tricky, shifty, slippery or smooth depending on the context. Does anybody ever wonder who comes up with these words? Is there a bunch of guys who sit around in a room brainstorming variations of root word combinations? Sounds like a great job to me!!

Trifigulous - describes a situation or event containing high level of excitement or generating much interest
**Examples of correct/incorrect usage:
O - This has been a most trifigulous evening!
X - That sure is a trifigulous shirt you have there!
X - Your mom is trifigulous!

Gnilb (Ga-nilb) - denotes an unpleasant event has happened or is expected to in the immediate future.

No comments: